WinterFest is coming to California’s Great America in Santa Clara, bringing an ice rink, lights, decorations, live entertainment and acres of holiday fun for the whole family. Bake cookies with Mrs. Claus, frolic in the snowfall at Hometown Square, or watch live shows like Cool Yule Christmas and It’s Christmas, Snoopy, featuring the Peanuts gang. And if you want to celebrate the holidays with some thrills, take a spin on rides like Gold Striker, Flight Deck or more than 25 others. The winter scene and Christmas celebration will be dominated by one of the Bay Area’s tallest Christmas trees adorned with thousands of twinkling lights accompanied by giant toy soldiers greeting guests. This amazing event will feature more than 7 million LED lights, creating a holiday event for the entire family.
$20 ($34 value) for Tickets
Live 105’s Not So Silent Night is the Best Way to get the Holiday Season started. With The Killers, Linkin Park, Arcade Fire, Fallout Boy, Kings of Leon, Passion Pit, M83, Imagine Dragons and other huge acts previously rocking the stage at Oracle Arena, this has become the place to be for music lovers in the Bay Area. After much anticipation, the lineup is finally here!
This years headliners include The Killers and The Lumineers as well as many other artists that could sell out any music venue on their own.
The show will take place on December 8 and December 9.
Here is the full Not So Silent Night 2017 Lineup:
Portugual. The Man
Foster The People
Walk The Moon
Live 105’s Not So Silent Night:
Not So Silent Night, aka NSSN is Live 105’s Annual Holiday Rock Show that has been both a 1 night or 2 night event in the past few years. This year, it is going to be 2 nights at Oracle Arena! The show will kick off early at about 5:30 and goes until around midnight. Live 105 does a great job at putting together a great lineup from start to finish, so plan on getting there early and enjoying a full night of amazing music.
San Francisco’s acclaimed New Conservatory Theatre Center offers a jam-packed 2017-18 season full of world and regional premieres, and you can choose any three upcoming productions with this special package. Selections include the Tony-winning musical Avenue Q, back by popular demand for the holidays, as well as a revival of Howard Crabtree’s sparkly and subversive spectacular, When Pigs Fly. The season kicks off with the world premiere of This Bitter Earth, a drama dealing with the personal and political impact of our country’s ongoing racial tensions, followed by the rom-com Le Switch, a “wickedly smart boy-meets-boy story”(TimeOut Chicago). In January comes the debut of Tim Pinckney’s Still at Risk, a modern-day drama focusing on an AIDS-crisis activist struggling to find his place within the new LGBT political climate. Also on tap are Tony-winner Terrence McNally’s recent update of his Broadway-skewering satire It’s Only a Play, and The Mystery of Love and Sex by Bathsheba Doran (Boardwalk Empire, Masters of Sex) about two lifelong best friends who enter their twenties facing new questions of intimacy and identity.
$60 ($135 value) for a 3-Show Season Package
Fleet Week is here! Get ready for a weekend full of rooftop parties, flowing libations, awesome air shows and more! Check out the schedule and plan your weekend (and leave some extra time if you are driving…traffic will be a nightmare)
This year, the Airshow will include The Blue Angels, Navy Leap Frogs, Team Oracle, United Airlines, RCAF, USCG, Lucas Oil Air Shows, Air Force F16, and the Canadian Snowbirds.
Air Show Schedule:
October 5, 1PM to 5PM Airshow practice
October 6, 12PM to 4PM Airshow
October 7, 12PM to 4PM Airshow
October 8, 12PM to 4PM Airshow
October 9, 10AM Blue Angels departure from the Bay Area
Where to Watch the Airshow:
- Pier 39: You will be close to the action, but it gets really crowded here. However, it’s a great place to see most of the show. Try to find a spot with a clear view of the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Aquatic Park: There is a small stadium here with seats facing out over the bay. You will get a great view of the Fleet Week San Francisco Air Show from here, although the maneuvers over the Golden Gate Bridge will be harder to see.
- Crissy Field: There will be fewer people on this side, which makes it a nicer viewing area. This is a great place to see the Blue Angels’ maneuvers near the bridge. It is a little further away from the main action though, so the trees may block out a little bit of the show.
- Marina Green: Just to the east of Crissy Field is the Marina Green. This large green space offers a great look at the air show. You can also buy premium tickets for this area so you don’t have to fight for a place to watch the fun. Tickets for the premium section are already on sale.
Muni: The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency will be providing extra Muni service for Fleet Week.
Caltrain: Extra capacity will be provided Saturday Saturday and Sunday morning for passengers heading to Fleet Week, as well as extra capacity post event.
Angel Island-Tiburon Ferry: A unique way to view both the Parade of Ships and Air Show. Click here for details
Red & White Fleet 2.5-Hour Fleet Week Cruise
- 2.5-hour afternoon cruise to see the Blue Angels
- Offered Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of Fleet Week
- Cruise leaves at 1:30pm (please arrive at least 30 minutes before departure)
- Outdoor decks with incredible views of the performance
- Enjoy a light appetizer buffet of sandwiches, salads, antipasti, fruit, and dessert
- Leaves from Pier 43 1/2 in Fisherman’s Wharf
- $80 for Adults (18+), $56 for Youth (5-17)
- Book tickets
Blue & Gold 2-Hour Cruise
- Saturday and Sunday from 2pm to 4pm (please arrive at least 45 minutes in advance)
- Includes a buffet lunch with items such as clam chowder, spring salad, spinach dip, sandwiches, desserts, and more
- Cruise also includes an open house bar with cocktails, house beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages
- Tickets start at $90 for adults and $60 for children
- Click here to buy your tickets today
Cruise on the SS Jeremiah O’Brien
- Saturday, October 7 from 10am to 5pm (boards at 9am)
- Cruise around the bay in the morning and get front row seats for the air show in the afternoon
- Catch the air show from 12:30pm to 4pm (with the Blue Angels performing from 3pm to 4pm)
- Complimentary continental breakfast and coffee once you are aboard
- Yummy hot dog lunch provided by Annie’s Hot Dogs (plus It’s-It Ice Cream!), though you are also welcome to bring your own lunch
- Complimentary water, soft drinks, wine, and beer
- Tickets are $140 for adults (age 17+) and $85 for children (age 5-16)
- There is also a $330 family group option for up to 2 adults and 2 youth
- Click here to learn more and book your tickets today
Fleet Week Float
- Leave from one of three locations: Berkeley, Tiburon, or San Francisco
- Leaves Berkeley Marina at 11:30am
- Leaves from Tiburon at 12pm
- Leaves from SF at 12:30pm
- 4 to 5 hour cruise depending on departure location
- Book your tickets here
Get your thrills and your chills on at Halloween Haunt at Northern California’s premier theme park, California’s Great America. When the sun goes down, the ghoulies come out, roaming amidst the hulking skeletons of roller coasters. Monsters and other unsavory creatures hide in the shadows of mazes and scare zones, waiting to pounce. Zombies defy gravity with their mind-blowing aerial and trampoline skills in stage shows like Nytewalkers and moan and groan as they search for their meal in the hallowed halls of Zombie High. Once a place where dreams were made is now a place where nightmares come true, as the maniacal factory workers are manufacturing a variety of disturbing new items in Toy Factory. And that’s not all that will make you scream; park rides like the incredible suspended jet coaster Flight Deck, and Gold Striker — the tallest, fastest wooden roller coaster in the Northwest — will find you gripping the handrail in fear… and having the time of your life.
It’s a new day on the bay for the San Francisco 49ers, who look to put last season’s disappointing record behind them and clinch their first playoff berth since 2013 with first-year head coach Kyle Shanahan and general manager John Lynch leading the way. The Niners are set to battle the Denver Broncos and L.A. Chargers at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, where you’ll be among the first to see live action from the Niners’ highly-touted first-round draft picks, defensive end Solomon Thomas from Stanford and linebacker Reuben Foster of Alabama.
$27 to $150 ($65.45 to $260.25 Value) for Tickets on Saturday, August 19 (vs. Denver Broncos)
$12 to $150 ($65.45 to $289.65 Value) for Tickets on Thursday, August 31 (vs. Los Angeles Chargers)
When it comes to brunch, Stock in Trade has got it all. The popular Marina Restaurant offers a wide variety of food, Bottomless Mimosas and even an indoor bocce court. Grab a group of your friends and get your day started (and take care of that hangover) with one of the best brunches in San Francisco.
To make things even better, save some money with this great deal from Gilt City.
- One brunch entree per person
- Bottomless mimosas, Bellinis and pomegranate Champagne for four
- Valid Saturday and Sunday from 11 AM – 3 PM
- Brunch at this Lombard Street favorite is a spirited occasion, complete with flowing mimosas, Bellinis and pomegranate-flavored Champagne.
- If your prefer the breakfast side of brunch, opt for a grilled steak and egg sandwich smothered with garlic aioli or brioche French toast topped with strawberries, toasted almonds, whipped cream and powdered sugar.
- The Tavern burger made Eater San Francisco’s 2013 list for Best New Burger: made from house-ground meat, the juicy patty is dressed with aged Grafton cheddar, pickles, caramelized onions and aioli.
- Stock In Trade is home to an indoor bocce court, a U-shaped bar and flat-screen TVs for sports fans.
To celebrate 7-Eleven Day and the Company’s 90th Birthday, 7-Eleven Stores across the nationwide be giving away FREE SLURPEES! The tradition has been been going on for 16 years and the company expects to give out over 9 million slurpees during the promotion. It is estimated that they have sold over 7.4 billion Slurpees since their introduction.
To claim your free small Slurpee, go to any 7-Eleven store on Tuesday, 7/11 between 11AM and 7PM.
CLICK HERE for a list of Locations.